Thank you to Smitten With Him for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
Why is it named Liebster? No clue. But its purpose says it’s to discover new blogs, so in this vein, I will gladly answer the questions that Smitten With Him posed, and I’ll list some random facts, nominate new blogs, and ask new questions.
* * * * *
First, the rules for the award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget.”
- Answer 11 questions about yourself which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs you feel deserve this award, who have less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
- List these rules on your post.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it (they might not have heard of it!).
* * * * *
Questions for me to answer:
- What was your favorite book as a child? Anything by Dr. Seuss.
- What is your favorite midnight snack? Potato chips.
- If you got to have a fictional dinner party, who would you invite? Mel Brooks, Louis C.K., Tina Fey, and Amy Schumer. My stomach would hurt for days from all the laughing!
- When you were a kid, did you ever wish for another name? Now and then, yes.
- What was it? Different names, ones that I can’t remember. Ones that sounded more exciting than my actual name.
- Any tattoos? No.
- You can visit any place, real or fictional. Where do you go? Paris. It sounds so sensual, with the architecture, history, food, art, and on and on…
- Write a haiku about your favorite article of clothing.
Shirt on chilly days,
Soft warm heavy and long-sleeved,
Embracing for hours.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl.
- What is your favorite movie? I’m a big fan of James Bond movies. They’re sexy, and they have lots of action, exotic places, witty comebacks. Not all of them are great, but there are lots of fun ones.
- Do any of your friends follow your blog? No, but I now have blogger friends since starting this blog.
* * * * *
Random Facts about me:
- August MacGregor is my pen name, because I hope my family and friends don’t find out about my erotic writing. My wife, however, does know, and thinks it’s pretty sexy that I write erotica.
- I believe that a dinner of grilled steak and red wine will help pick you up, however your day has been going.
- Swimming naked was one of the most sensual experiences I’ve had.
- I can’t stand it when someone says “like” over and over during conversation.
- Unlike many others, I enjoy the word “moist.” (See Huffington Post’s article “Hate Moist? You’re Not Alone.”) Describing a good cake without that word doesn’t make sense to me. The article’s suggestions don’t hold up compared to moist.
- Although a moist chocolate cake is damn good, more often I would rather have a slice of fruit pie (peach, cherry, apple, or berry) with a side of vanilla ice cream.
- I’m average height.
- If I could afford it, I would get a massage every week. No, not with a happy ending. Get your mind out of the gutter.
- My favorite drink is Jack Daniels and Coke.
- I frequently get distracted by becoming lost in daydreams.
- I love writing, and that’s how I turn my daydreams into stories.
* * * * *
My nominations for this award, but no pressure to do the exercise…
- Veronica’s Book
- Provocative Postures
- Sea of Desire
- Sensual Desires
- Wet Bliss
- Insecurely Confident
- The Migraine Chronicles
- Christina Mandara
- Life With Catnip
- Oldest Daughter & Red Headed Sister
* * * * *
(some are borrowed from the other list. Sorry, I just liked these.)
- Who is an author you admire?
- You can visit any place, real or fictional. Where do you go?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is one of your pet peeves?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you hosted a dinner party and invited 2 to 4 people, real or fictional, whom would you invite?
- What is the thing you most look forward to doing on weekends?
- What makes your heart race?
- When you were a kid, what career did you want to have as a grown-up?
- What musician/band would you call inspiring?
- What inspires you?