I recently signed up for Twitter to give this whole tweetering thing a shot, and it’s been a neat way to see what a lot of authors out there are doing. I’m at @AugustMacGregor if you wanna give me a shout.
While on Twitter yesterday, I saw that one of the trends was #ScaryStoriesIn5Words, which just begged to be checked out. A story in 5 words? A scary one? Yes and yes. I had no idea it was a thing. And there are some fun and creative ones out there.
This just begged to be tried, so I came up with a bunch of them. Ideas kept coming, and I blame the excitement mixed with nervous energy about NaNoWriMo starting tomorrow (my first — please be gentle).
Here’s my shot at scary stories in 5 words:
- Seriously let’s just be friends.
- Blind date: Attila the Hun.
- Neighbor’s wearing same slutty-zombie costume.
- Sharted at horror movie’s climax.
- Your blog killed the Internet.
- There’s always next, next season.
- Tree falls, whole forest follows.
- Zombie apocalypse, bullet supply low.
- Bigfoot real, becomes your dentist.
- Cellmate sings “Frozen” song endlessly.
- Swatter meets fly; relationship over.
- “Honey, come meet my boyfriend.”
- Vampire needs braces; scariness declines.
- Apple releases 5-pound smart phone.
- Power tie slowly strangles CEO.
- Spider simply refuses to die.
- Members Only jackets trendy again.
- “Honey, let’s get waxed together.”
- Application accepted! Decade on Mars.
- “It’s Raining Men” — umbrellas useless.